Friday, April 15, 2011

Was Manny Just Being Manny?

I was a Manny fan until I heard a story from a friend who golfed with Luis Tiante. Manny, that fun-loving clown of a guy, apparently made a habit of conveniently forgetting his wallet on cab rides to Fenway Park.

Why? He was Manny being Manny. Money isn't important to Manny. (really, then why was he making $20million dollars per year?) The Red Sox front office would be forced to bail him out by paying a multi-millionaire's cab fare.

Really, Manny? Trying to stiff a hard-working cab driver? You forgot your wallet?

I don't buy it, just like I don't buy your "they weren't steroids, I was taking medication." Female fertility drugs, Manny? Why? Thinking of having a baby?

So, we bid a fond adieu to you Manny Ramirez, on behalf of all the Boston- based cab drivers who are glad to see you go!

2 comments:

  1. Manny sure was a character. This isn't the first I've heard of him being a stiff. He apparently was the same way with the team. He would often leave team dinners early so as to not have to pay. I think it was either Lou Merloni or Curt Schilling who called him out on it on WEEI. I don't mind him stiffing the rich, but stiffing a hard working man is a bit much. Especially when we work for a month's check to go see one home game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tacky! I love this kind of gossip about Boston royalty.

    ReplyDelete