Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Rivalry Returns and so does the traffic !

I rushed back home yesterday from campus, only to be greeted by throngs of cars and traffic jams galore as I made my way at a snail's pace through Huntington Avenue and the periphery of the Fens.

I thought that by leaving at two o'clock, I would be fine. But, I wasn't it. The dreaded Opening Day traffic. I quickly I forgot about the disadvantages of living close to Fenway Park.

I'm pretty sure I cut a number of cars off, wasn't particularly charitable to pedestrians, and might have overlooked a passing ambulance's siren.

I listened to the first few innings on my car's radio, and yelled at Brett Gardner and called Derek Jeter an overachiever a few times.

I did get home in time to witness the implosion of Yankee starting pitcher, Phil Hughes, and the Yanks ultimate gift to the Sox and their fans -- their first win of 2011.

Hey Sox, I think Phil Hughes is still waiting on his "Thank You" Bouquet!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job with the blog. Lots of information, personal anecdotes, and a wry sense of humor--a very good combination that keeps us wanting to read more. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete