Thursday, March 10, 2011

March Madness vs. Preseason Baseball

This is the time of the year when I wish I had a dual-screen TV. Do I watch the Big East Tournament (meaningful) or Pre-Season Baseball (meaningless)? And there lies my challenge.

What constitutes meaningful to one and meaningless to another? Is meaning in the eyes of the beholder?

As much as my rational self knows that spring training games have absolutely no barring on the regular season, my emotional self never got the message.

And so today I am torn. Between meaningful and meaningless. Between a bunch of college boys who will desert me as they prematurely head to the NBA and a group of professional and charismatic men who will be there for me at least through the end of September (and hopefully well into October).

I think I've solved my own dilemma!

2 comments:

  1. I am also in a dilemma, how to get your boyfriend to stay away from watching all sports all together when you want to watch the Kardashians? Kidding, kind of but I can relate to the commitment of sports you have because my boyfriend is the same way. Never mind watching the games Fantasy everything tends to be the real problem, he's always on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you could just TiVo one of the games while watching the other one. I am not a huge sports fan so I don't know if there's no point to watch a game if it isn't live or not!

    ReplyDelete